The Natural Resources Conservation Service of the US Department of Agriculture has FY2022 assistance opportunities for agricultural producers and private owners. Funding is provided through a competitive process.
Through conservation programs, technical and financial assistance is provided to help producers and owners make conservation improvements on their lands that benefit natural resources, build resilience, and contribute to the nation’s broader effort to combat the impacts of the climate change.
While the conservation service accepts applications for these programs throughout the year, producers and landowners must apply by the following dates to be considered for 2022 funding:
- March 4: Farm Conservation Easement Program
- March 18: Environmental quality incentive program Restoration of the oyster reef
- March 31: Conservation Management Program Renewals 2023
- April 8: Assistance for agricultural management; Incentive Program for Environmental Quality; and Conservation Incentive Contracts of the Environmental Quality Incentive Program
- June 3: Conservation Stewardship Program
Agricultural conservation easement programs help producers inscribe wetlands, grasslands, and cropland in easements for long-term protection.
For more information and to apply for NRCS programs in Washington County, contact the RI Southern Conservation District at 401-661-5761. For more information about the program, visit ri.nrcs.usda.gov, email NRCSInfo@ri.usda.gov, or call 401-828-1300.
– Sun Staff