!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
PM Modi will address the bank deposit insurance program today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the feature on ‘Depositors first: Guaranteed payment of deposit insurance with time limit up to Rs 5 lakh’ on Sunday noon in Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi.
- According to an official statement from the Prime Minister’s Office, the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the MoS Finance Governor and the RBI Governor will also be present on the occasion.
- “Deposit insurance covers all deposits such as savings, fixed, current, recurring deposits etc. in all commercial banks operating in India. Deposits in state, central and primary cooperative banks operating in states / Union territories are also covered, “said the PMO.
- “In a pioneering reform, bank deposit insurance coverage was improved from 1 lakh rupee to 5 lakh rupee,” he added.
Shahbaz Sharif Opposes Imran Khan’s Government Plan To Present Mini Budget, Says It Would Be National Suicide
- Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shahbaz Sharif on Saturday opposed the Imran Khan-led government’s plan to introduce a mini-budget, saying that approval of a mini-budget by the National Assembly would be a national suicide.
- “We will try to make the government and its allies realize the detrimental effects of a mini-budget,” Shahbaz said, adding that the current government has become a threat to national security, Geo News reported.
- Pakistan’s economic sovereignty is in trouble, presenting a mini-budget is similar to treating cancer with aspirin, Shahbaz said.
Blinken meets Australian Chancellor Payne and reaffirms deep commitment to the safe and peaceful Indo-Pacific
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken met with Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne in Liverpool to reinforce ongoing efforts to promote peace and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific.
- “It is my pleasure to meet my good friend @MarisePayne today. We reaffirm the deep commitment of our two nations to a peaceful and safe economic recovery and resilience of the Indo-Pacific, COVID-19, and cooperation to deliver results for our citizens and partners. in the region, “Blinken tweeted.
- The two leaders met on the sidelines of the meeting of Foreign Ministers of the industrialized nations of the Group of Seven (G7) held in the United Kingdom.
Powerful tornadoes kill more than 80 in five US states.
- Dozens of devastating tornadoes tore through five US states overnight, killing more than 80 people Saturday in what President Joe Biden said was “one of the largest storm outbreaks” in history.
- “It’s a tragedy,” Biden said in shock in televised comments. “And we still don’t know how many lives are lost and the full extent of the damage.”
- As night fell on Saturday, dozens of search and rescue officials were helping stunned citizens across the heartland of the United States sift through the rubble of their homes and businesses for more survivors.
- More than 70 people are believed to have died in Kentucky alone, many of them workers at a candle factory, while at least six died at an Amazon warehouse in Illinois, where they were on the night shift processing orders before Christmas.
United States Administers 482.7 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines: CDC
- The United States had administered 482,695,970 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the country as of Saturday morning and distributed 594,372,295 doses, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
Gujarat | A boat owner informed the police that a person working on his boat had found 2 suspicious pigeons with a ring, a small device on the leg of the pigeon. We are investigating the matter. Device will be removed and sent for FSL testing: Smit Gohil, DySP, Porbandar
A Kali Mata mandir priest was found dead inside his room near the temple premises in the Nangla village of Bijnor. He was found with a head wound. Three teams have been formed to investigate the matter: Bijnor SP Dharam Veer Singh
Madhya Pradesh | Two children who arrived from Nigeria tested positive for Covid. We have submitted your samples to NCDC Delhi for genome sequencing: Dr. Amit Malakar, COVID Nodal Officer, Indore
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Twitter identifier was briefly compromised. The matter was escalated to Twitter and the account was immediately secured. In the short period in which the account was compromised, any Tweet shared should be ignored,” he tweeted the PMO.
The Prime Minister’s Twitter handle @narendramodi was briefly compromised. The matter escalated to Twitter and ac… https://t.co/IwtlsMhkKs
& mdash; PMO India (@PMOIndia) 1639259320000