In Maharashtra, a total of 338 resident doctors from various hospitals tested positive for Covid-19 in the past four days, said the president of the Maharashtra State Resident Physicians Association (MARD), Dr. Avinash Dahiphale. There is worrying concern that the effectiveness of the boosters against COVID-19 may decline in the coming months and people may need another chance in the fall of 2022, Moderna Inc CEO Stephane Bancel said at a health conference. hosted by Goldman Sachs on Thursday. Bancel said the company is working on a candidate vaccine tailored to the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, but it is unlikely to be available in the next two months. “I still believe that we are going to need reinforcements in the fall of 22 onwards,” Bancel said.
!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
“Advocates / attorneys / law firms’ offices can operate at 50% of their strength on weekends, strictly complying with appropriate COVID behavior. Advocates, attorneys, and staff are allowed to move to produce ID cards valid, “says the Karnataka government in an official letter
& quot; Advocates / attorneys / law firms’ offices can operate at 50% of their strength during weekends, strictly… https://t.co/rCpyszkHmI
& mdash; ANI (@ANI) 1641522478000
Maharashtra | A total of 338 resident physicians from various hospitals have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past four days, said Maharashtra State Association of Resident Physicians (MARD) President Dr. Avinash Dahiphale.
COVID-19 | Mizoram Reports 579 New Cases; The number of active cases amounts to 3,018
Medical oxygen production increased to meet daily demand of 19,000 metric tons: Government
Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate the second campus of the Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) today via videoconference. The second campus has been built in accordance with the PM’s vision to expand and upgrade healthcare facilities in all parts of the country: PMO
In view of the increase in COVID-19 cases, government and subordinate offices in the state will operate with 50% staff attendance from January 7 to 31: Odisha Govt
In view of the increase in COVID-19 cases, government and subordinate offices in the state will operate with 50% staff in… https://t.co/dSFWG5hkHR
& mdash; ANI (@ANI) 1641509919000
Activate control rooms, monitor those in home isolation, says government
- In order to ensure strict monitoring of Covid-19 patients in home isolation, the Center has recommended that states activate all Covid control rooms at the district and sub-district level to collect the daily status report of the patients in home isolation and submit a report to the district administration.
Omicron criticizes UK retail recovery
- The restrictions imposed in the wake of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus have “erased” much of the recent recovery enjoyed by brick-and-mortar UK stores, the British Retail Consortium revealed on Friday.
- Much of the progress made in late 2021 “was erased in December when growing Omicron cases and new work-from-home tips deterred many from shopping at the store, particularly in towns and city centers,” the CEO said. from BRC, Helen Dickinson.
UN Security Council to meet Monday on missile launch in North Korea
- The UN Security Council will meet behind closed doors on Monday to discuss evidence of what North Korea said was a hypersonic missile, according to diplomatic sources.
- The meeting was requested by the United States, France and the United Kingdom, three of the five permanent members of the Security Council, as well as by Ireland and Albania, the sources said Thursday.
After 7 months, daily cases exceed 1 lakh, out of 10,000 in just 8 days
The Center has urged nine states and Union territories to increase testing for Covid-19 to ensure that infected people do not transmit the virus to others.
India posted the biggest single-day jump of 495 Omicron cases on Wednesday, bringing the total number of detected Omicron-infected cases to 2,630.
In a letter to Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Jammu & Kashmir, and Bihar, additional health ministry secretary Arti Ahuja noted a considerable decline in Covid-19 tests amid the rise. of cases and the rate of positivity. .